Last modified: February 19, 2015
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to WebSmith Design or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which YouTube videos you might like.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, some newsletter forms, contact forms and comment boxes on our website require you to share your personal information, like your name, email address, social profile, etc.
- Information we get from your use of our website. We collect information about the pages on our website that you use and how you use them, like when you download 5 free blog themes and only one magazine. That helps us (and you) to show you banner ads of our new blog themes when you visit the site again. This information includes:
- Device information We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version).
- Log information When you use our website or view content provided by our other sites, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our website, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Google Account.
- Location information When you use our website, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Local storage We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and website data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with our other websites.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect our website and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
When you contact WhoWP, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our website is Google Analytics. For example, by detecting your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our website appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
We may combine personal information from this website with information, including personal information, from other WhoWP subdivisions – for example, to make it easier for you, to view http://websmithdesign.com/ in your prefered language.
WhoWP Ltd. processes personal information on our websites in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our websites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our websites let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of WhoWP Ltd. unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of WhoWP Ltd. when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of WhoWP Ltd. if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of WhoWP Ltd, our customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect WhoWP and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our websites that collect personal information using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to WebSmith Design employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities